April 6, 2008

A Plethora of Projects

I haven't been posting much, but I have been knitting up a storm. I have a ton of very recent;y finished items to post in this one. I am also working on a few news ones, or thinking about starting something new.

I think the thing I finished longest ago was a new sweater for Charlie. He needed something a little more distinguished. So I quickly knit this up for him. It's knit with Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Rich Red on size 7 needles. The buttons were scavenged from an old pair of cargo pants.


Then I resumed working on socks. The last pair were particularly involved with two color stranded patterning and small needles. They took awhile, but I finally finished them on the roadtrip north while we were in Port Angeles, Washington. Hence the name I gave them. I LOVE these socks, they are warm and comfy and pretty. Knit on size 2 dpns with Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino and Wildfoote in Black orchid from a pattern in Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch.



On the trip I brought yarn I didn't feel like starting, so when I found a yarn store in Seaside, Oregon on the way, I grabbed some new yarn and knit a drop-stitch scarf which I intend to give to Jenn. It's a wonderfully soft handspun in orange, green. and soft cream. Lovely. Knit on size 7 needles in Magallanes wool.


Since that finished up in no time, I was forced to knit the pink yarn I'd brought along too. I knit the same drop-stitch patterned scarf in it and actually became extremely fond of it during the process. So now I have a similar scarf to the one I'll give Jenn. Knit on size 7 needles in Crystal Palace Fjord wool, Brandy.


After I got back, with new yarn books in tow from Powell's Bookstore in Portland, I began a few other projects. One which I will be continuing is knitting farm animals from an adorable book by Hannelore Wernhard called The Knitted Farmyard. So far I have knit a chicken which I love.

Then I began Brighton from Knitty. I used Borroco NaturLin in a pretty copper color. It is currently blocking on the kitchen table and when it is dry I will be constructing the rest of the bag. I need to find a nice lining fabric and some handles. I'm excited about this project, the first serious bag I've tried. Pictures to come.

No comments: